CLIENT PRIVACY NOTICE
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), effective from 25th May 2018, is an EU privacy law concerned with respecting the rights of individuals when processing their personal information.
We take these regulations seriously and process your personal data in accordance with these regulations in an open, honest and transparent way.
How & what data we may gather
• Information you provide to us directly: When you use us we will need to record & store personal data that is relevant to the service we offer you.
• Information we get from third parties: The majority of the information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as those publicly available through Companies House or Credit Check companies. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform and improve our service to you.
The personal data that we hold may include identifiable information about you, such as your name, email, address, telephone number etc.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services.
How we process your data
• to perform a contract or to manage our relationship with you,
• where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
• in accordance with a legal obligation
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
How we may share your data
• Personal data will not be sold or traded to third parties.
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
• third party service providers who assist and enable us to use the personal data to support delivery of your contract with us for example, consultants who can advise you on your project
• regulatory bodies, for example the submission of Building Regulation Applications, Planning Applications through the Planning Portal, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
You have rights to:
• know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
• request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
• object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).